Saturday, January 28, 2023

Not Taken For Granted

I've recently focused some thoughts on the fact that I can walk but not very well these days -- very unsteady on my feet and must use a walker outside the house or I'll fall down -- and I can't and don't take simple things like walking or sitting or standing on my own for granted. No, not much. In some ways, it's a reversion to infancy, come to think of it, when I was just learning to walk on my own, except I can't be sure that this time, I'll be able to.

It's a fascinating -- and scary -- situation to be in. I don't know that I'll get better... 

One of my Zen teachers, Kaz Tanahashi, is fond of pointing out that each moment is full and complete and miraculous. 

We don't know what the next moment holds, but it, too is full and complete and a miracle. So it goes throughout one's days and life. 

Not taking anything for granted is a key to open many doors.

Or...

Not...

More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment