Monday, January 4, 2010

OT: Two Degrees of Separation?



We were playing the Kevin Bacon Game over the Holidays, and while it can be hours of fun to connect everyone in Hollywood to KB, I idly mentioned I might be only a few degrees of separation from KB myself.

Well. How so?

I said I thought it was probably two degrees... I worked on several productions with Robin Williams back when we were all a lot younger. He worked with a lot of people who of course can be connected with Kevin Bacon, but I didn't think he ever worked with KB himself.

But then I recalled Robin Williams was in a movie with Bob Balaban (Jakob the Liar) and I was in a movie with Bob Balaban (Strawberry Statement) and Bob Balaban was in a movie (End of the Line) with Kevin Bacon. One degree, eh?


[Bob Balaban as Elliot in The Strawberry Statement]

But turns out my Bacon Number is 2, Bob Balaban is 1, and KB himself is 0. Robin Williams' Bacon Number is also 2.

So is this Two Degrees of Separation or only One -- since there is only one actor between Robin Williams or myself and Kevin Bacon?

I am so confused.



[One of many appearances by Che's poster in The Strawberry Statement)

No comments:

Post a Comment