Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Hospital

 I've been back in the hospital since the 19th. Brought in with pneumonia. That seems to have cleared, but I still can't stand or walk without extensive help, and my blood pressure plummets when I sit or stand. So not going home yet. Instead, they're planning to send me to rehab for ten or twelve days to get stronger and regain bladder and bowel control and maybe deal with my broken arm. Oh that.

Let's face it. I'm a mess. Cancer has not been kind to me. But the decision is to stop chemo and go to hormone treatment that I bring from home to rehab. Cancer has spread throughout my spine and to leg and hip bones. But it could be worse.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing the update. Sounds like the hits just keep on coming, unfortunately. I hope the rehab works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now at skilled nursing facility. Running into problems. Outside chance of returning home. Hanging in there.

      Delete
  2. Disillusioned here. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. I hope you make it home soon and that your spirits stay high in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete