Monday, October 14, 2013

'Money for Nothin' and Your Chicks for Free'

 


When the Default comes -- which may be this week, maybe next -- some of the Highest of the Mighty will be rolling in money, more money than they ever imagined was possible back in the '80's when Greed turned into their religion.

They've commodified everything in the interim, including what passes for the US Government, and they fully intend to take advantage of the looming Default. Shorting is one of the biggest money makers there is.

What the rest of us lose in the process is none of their concern, how does the old song go? "It's your misfortune and none of my own?" Something like that. That's their world. Take whatever they can grab from anyone who doesn't get out of their way fast enough. They've been stealing from one another for years, now it's time to steal everything that's left from the rest of us.

The Default, along with the continuing Shutdown, has already had the effect of reprioritizing government function and spending, and the way it works is, there's no going back. We're on a different path than we were. Permanently.

"It's Your Misfortune and None of My Own..."

"I want my, I want my, I want my.... MTV... Boo-ah, boo-ah."

No comments:

Post a Comment